Anne Boleyn dress update

October 30, 2011 at 8:15 pm (Costumes, Historical, Work in progress)

I continued working on my Anne Boleyn dress today. So far I´ve finished the bodice.

Now I´m working on the overskirt, which is exhausting because of all the cutting of big big pieces. I did fork pleats on the first skirt panel like that:

I´ll make the rest of the skirt in smaller pleats or I´ll gather it, I´m not sure yet.

This is the skirt, without the hoop, so far:

Advertisements

Permalink Leave a Comment

Anne Boleyn inspired dress

October 29, 2011 at 11:17 pm (Costumes, Historical, Work in progress)

At the moment I´m working on a Tudor styled dress, inspired by this gown, that Natalie Portman wears as Anne Boleyn:

So far, I´ve finished the Shift dress and the corset. I used Simplicity  2621 for this.

The pattern for the shift dress is way too wide, so it doesn´t stay on the shoulders and falls right off. With the corset it stay. When the whole dress is finished I´ll decide if I leave it that way or take it in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, now to the garment…I had a hard time finding the right Green. I got a taffeta that´s really close for a reasonable price, so I´m gonna stick with that. I´ll stamp golden ornaments on the dark green fabric for the underskirt.For the main dress I´m using Simplicity 3782 and change it a little bit. First I made the seamline of the bodice straight, then I left off the shoulderpads and I added a dark green trim on the front. Oh, and I left off the button closure on the sleeves.

I´m almost finished with the bodice, which comes together nicely, I just need to set in the second sleeve.

Note that I havent´t tied the bodice in the back for the picture, that´s why it looks so loose. I´ts actually fitting perfectly over te corset.

Permalink Leave a Comment

19th century gown

July 25, 2011 at 6:48 am (Completed projects, Historical) (, , , , , , , , , )

I always admired the gowns from the 9th century. I just love the style, the bustle, the corsets, everything.

So it was about time to make myself one of these dresses. Here it is, my version of Butterick 3012.

  

The fabric ist from Ikea. The train is detachable and can be fixed with to snap buttons on the waist. The bustle is made out of 8 layers of tulle. I made the lining with taffeta so it´s more comfortable to wear.

When time comes I will take it to a photoshooting in the beautiful park of a castle. for now these pictures have to do.

Permalink Leave a Comment

Titanic swim dress is finished

July 10, 2011 at 4:50 am (Completed projects, Costumes) (, , , , , , , , , , , , , , )

I finished my Titanic swim dress project.

The pattern (Simplicity 8399) fits perfectly and is fairly easy to construct.

Permalink 4 Comments

Titanic jump dress

July 1, 2011 at 6:57 am (Future projects) (, , , , , , )

I laid eyes on this dress a while ago. I ordered the Simplicity 8399 pattern and it arrived yesterday. So today I´ll go shopping for suitable fabrics so I can finally start!

Permalink 1 Comment

Atonement Dress threesome

July 1, 2011 at 6:46 am (Completed projects, Fancy wear)

Two collegues of mine and me played at a wedding. Fot this occaison I made 3 dresses in the style of Keira Knightley dress in Atonement.

Here the three of us are shortly before the wedding:

Permalink Leave a Comment

Almost finished lilac dress

March 13, 2011 at 5:13 pm (Completed projects, Fancy wear)

Today I finished the lilac dress for my collegue except for the hem of the two lower skirts (I want her to try it on for the lenght). And I´m thinking of fixating the draping with invisible stichtes, so nothing can move out of place. I love the way the layerd skirt looks and behaves in it´s 5 layers, which was really hard work for me as I hate marking and cutting chiffon. But it´s worth the hassle every time.

All in all I think it turned out nice, although it´s really really tight, so she cannot gain a millimeter on the waist=)

Front                                                            Back

Permalink Leave a Comment

Carnival group costumes – finally finished

March 9, 2011 at 6:08 am (Completed projects, Costumes, Uncategorized)

I finally finished the carnival costumes for me and my collegues. We dressed up as strawberry, lemon and blueberry.

Here the final outcome:

Permalink Leave a Comment

Superhero costume

March 6, 2011 at 7:14 pm (Future projects, Uncategorized)

My husband wants a Flash costume.  I found this pattern from Simplicity:

I think it´s perfect! I just need to do a few changes and then I have the perfect Flash! With muscles=)

I also want to do comic book hero couples. Any ideas?

Permalink Leave a Comment

The 11th Doctor – the girl version

March 3, 2011 at 4:34 am (Future projects)

As I already have the David Tennant suit (the brown one, not blue) ,in girl version, I´m thinking about making a girly version of Matt Smiths outfit for a long time.

I just realized that I have a great tweed fabric and enough of the fabric (which i used for my husbands Doctor Who shirt) at home, just need to look for suede for the elbow patches.  So I´m kind of looking for patterns which i can use for this project. I settled for this jacket pattern from Burda:

It has, like the original Doctor Who jacket two buttons and rounded edges. I´m not sure if the lapels are to wide or not, but I guess I can manage to straighten them out.

Now I need a woman´s shirt pattern which is suprisingly hard to find, now that the 80s are back, fashionwise. If I can´t find one I´ll use my PatternMaster again…

Permalink Leave a Comment

Next page »